Apply now using Job Service North Dakota's UI ICE. Please note the relevant information below.
To be eligible for unemployment benefits you must:
- Have been separated from employment through no fault of your own or have had your hours reduced
- Be able to work
- Be available for work
- Be actively seeking employment
- Be found monetarily eligible - a claimant establishes monetary eligibility based on work performed during a specific one-year period called the base period
For unemployment insurance purposes the week begins on Sunday and ends on the following Saturday at midnight.
- You should file your claim the week in which you become unemployed
- The effective date of your claim is the Sunday of the week it is filed
- Claims cannot be backdated to an earlier week so it is important to file as soon as possible after becoming unemployed
Information you will need to have available when you file:
- Your Social Security Number
- Name, address and telephone number of all employers for whom you worked in the last 18 months or since last registering
- Wage you are willing to accept
- Union Local name and number
- DD214 member copy 4 (proof of military service and wages)
- SF8 and SF50 (proof of federal civilian service and wages)
- Your alien identification number (non-U.S. citizen authorized to work in the U.S.)
- Identity verification is required prior to accessing the unemployment insurance system. We partner with ID.me to verify identity.
There are two ways to file your claim:
- Online using Job Service North Dakota's UI ICE internet site, or;
- By telephone using our automated telephone system by calling (701) 328-4995
Please note: The UI ICE internet application and the automated phone system are unavailable daily from 10:00 pm to midnight Central Time due to maintenance. Claims Center staff are available Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Central Time.