If you’re a Veteran struggling to find or maintain employment that’s important to you, Job Service North Dakota can help!
Job Service North Dakota has a Veterans’ Employment Team that exclusively serves Veterans. As Veterans themselves, the Team understands the many changes Veterans experience in their transition from military to civilian life. The Team is trained and ready to provide one-on-one assistance to help work through employment barriers.
One of the biggest hurdles Veterans face is “selling” their military experience to civilian employers who may not understand military lingo. The Veterans’ Employment Team will help you translate your military skills and experience into civilian terms so employers can understand all you have to offer and how your skills can benefit their businesses.
The Veterans’ Employment Team provides individualized services to help Veterans overcome employment barriers and develop a plan for employment. The Team is here to:
- Help put military skills and experience into understandable civilian terms.
- Guide Veterans in their job search and develop an employment plan specifically for their needs.
- Provide up-to-date labor market information.
- Provide guidance for career and educational choices.
- Make referrals to training opportunities.
- Offer assistance and advice on developing an effective resume.
- Offer practical advice on taking the “stress” out of a job interview.
- Provide referrals to supportive resources.
For more information, contact your nearest Veterans Employment Team Member.