Am I eligible?
To be eligible for unemployment benefits you must:
- Have been separated from employment through no fault of your own or have had your hours reduced.
- Be able to work.
- Be available for work.
- Be actively seeking employment.
- Be found monetarily eligible - a claimant establishes monetary eligibility based on work performed during a specific one-year period called the base period.
When should I file my claim?
For unemployment insurance purposes the week begins on Sunday and ends on the following Saturday at midnight.
- You should file your claim the week in which you become unemployed.
- The effective date of your claim is the Sunday of the week it is filed.
- Claims cannot be backdated to an earlier week so it is important to file as soon as possible after becoming unemployed.
What information will I need to file my claim?
Information you will need to have available when you file:
- Your Social Security Number
- Name, address and telephone number of all employers for whom you worked in the last 18 months or since last registering
- Wage you are willing to accept
- Union Local name and number
- DD214 member copy 4 (proof of military service and wages)
- SF8 and SF50 (proof of federal civilian service and wages)
- Your alien identification number (non-U.S. citizen authorized to work in the U.S.)
How do I file my claim?
There are two ways to file your claim:
- Online using Job Service North Dakota's UI ICE internet site, or;
- By telephone using our automated telephone system by calling (701) 328-4995
Please note: The UI ICE internet application and the automated phone system are unavailable daily from 10:00 pm to midnight Central Time due to maintenance. Claims Center staff are available Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Central Time.
Apply now using Job Service North Dakota's UI ICE