General Overview of Oilfield Positions
Opportunities continue in North Dakota’s energy industry. The oilfield is seeking experienced workers to meet the ever-growing demand. Positions are available in both exploration and production. Take a look at the North Dakota Oilfield Employment Guide for oilfield-related information and resources.
Some oilfield-related positions include:
- Shop technician
- Truck driver
- Electronic tech
- Operator assistant
- Crane operator
- Mud logger
- Most positions are labor-intensive and involve outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Minimum age restrictions may be 18 or 21 years old.
- Drug testing is required in the hiring process and performed randomly on the job.
- Most positions require a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Some require a commercial driver’s license (CDL), or the ability to acquire one.
- Significant overtime hours may be available.
- It is important to check with the company regarding work schedules.
Search now for oilfield jobs
Oilfield Wage Information
Wages in the oilfield vary based on position, company, and experience. It is not uncommon to see wages listed as “DOE” – or depends on experience – when viewing the job listings on jobsnd.com.
For more information on wages in the area, click on the link below.