Registered Apprenticeship is a structured training program combining paid on-the-job training with related technical instruction in a highly skilled occupation. It is used for both non-union and union career opportunities.
Benefits of Registered Apprenticeship
The benefits for workers to participate in a Registered Apprenticeship program:
- The "earn while you learn" concept provides a salary while building a career.
- A "lead-in" to promising, well-paid careers in a variety of industries.
- Higher quality of life and skills versatility.
- Increased marketability and job security.
- Portable credentials are recognized nationally and often globally.
- Opportunity for college credit and future degrees.
Finding Registered Apprenticeship Opportunities
Search here to find Registered Apprenticeship job openings and follow the instructions listed below.
- Sign in or register.
- Under Quick Menu, click on Job Search.
- From the top menu, click on Advanced Job Search.
- Under Area Selection, you can select the area you want to search. To change what is currently displayed, click on the underlined text. You can now select a new region. To find opportunities across the state, under Select New Area, click on State. In the box beside it, select North Dakota (or out of state).
- Under Job Source Criteria, only have a check in Preferred Employer.
- Scroll down to Preferred Job Order Criteria. Under the heading Job Special Category, select Apprenticeship.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Search.
View a list of employers currently seeking qualified apprenticeship applicants.
For more information on Registered Apprenticeship, visit the North Dakota Office of Apprenticeship web site at www.ndapprenticeship.com.